Monday, June 8, 2009

2 Wheel Crit

For the 35+ race it was me, Tim, and Stephen.  It was a small field, but the new course is great.  Hopefully we'll get a fuller field on that course next year.  

The course undulates, has some twists, wind.  The finish especially finishes with a tailwind and a chicane but its so fast it's safe.

I attacked a couple of times, but was covered then Tim went with four others, Brian Peterson, Bill from Lombardi.  They dropped the Zenn rider and the four man break stuck.  With five to go I got away and tried to bridge over or at least put some pressure on but didn't get close enough for them to see me.  Fonseca joined me with two or three to go.  Tim finished 4th, and I was 6th.  Stephen did some great covering work, but flatted near the finish.

In the p1/2 we had a bit more of a field.  For 15 minutes, there were a bunch of attacks, mostly involving Lombardi who had four or five riders, but they were all brought back.

Then, with an hour left I got away and was joined by Rand (Webcor) and a Clifbar rider.  Chris from Lombardi was with us, but got dropped drinking water!  For the next hour the three of us got a big gap.  It got very painful by the end, but we stayed away pretty comfortably.

Rand attacked last lap and I didn't have much left, coming in 2nd.  Rand did the bulk of the work, so....

Good race, hopefully better fields next year.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work guys. Joel, thanks for supplying us with the race report. Looked like an interesting course

    ReplyDelete