Monday, June 8, 2009

Dash for Cash

Sounds like I'm due a race report:

Was a full field of 120 riders, since there were 3's too.

First hour was break after break of being brought back.  Eric was very active and between he and I were represented in all moves.  A ten man break finally formed with 15 or 20 min to go.  It wasn't a good break for the team: two Specialized in Leberge and Nolan, two Webcor in Rand and Justin, Reaney and Sean for CalGiant.  Once that formed I stopped working since I can't out sprint some of these guys and we had a good set of guys back in the pack.

Three laps to go Rand attacked and I jumped on his wheel.   We worked pretty well together but another group of four or so, including Justin and Reaney caught us with 1.5 to go, resulting in a pause as everyone was wondering what next.  I took that opportunity to attack and got a 5-10 sec gap on them through the headwind.  Held the last lap and that was it!

No comments:

Post a Comment